Duration of Course:
The Bachelor of Arts (General/Honours) and Bachelor of Science (General/Honours)
courses shall cover a period of three academic years and shall be known in the first
year of study as the B.A./B.Sc (General/Honours)
Part-I in the second year of study as the B.A./B.Sc (General/Honours) Part-II
and in the third year of study as the B.A./B.Sc (General/Honours) Part-III.
Qualifications for Admission:
- A student may be admitted to the course of instruction for the degree of B.A. (General/Honours)
if he/she has passed the intermediate examination of a Board/Council established
incorporated by law, or any other examinations recognized by the university as equivalent
- A student may be admitted to the course of instructions for the B.Sc (General/Honours)
degree if he has passed the I.Sc examinations of Board/Council established or incorporated
by law or any other examination recognized by the university as equivalent there
- Provided that for admission to the course of instructions for the Honours degree
in Arts and Science it shall be necessary for a student to have obtained
not less than 45 percent marks at Intermediate examinations in the subject offered
for Honours study or in an allied subject as determined by the Academic Council
in case the subject was not prescribed for study at intermediate level.
- Provided that if a student chooses one of the languages and literature subjects
as the Honours subject, he/she may be allowed to choose not more than one other
language and literature subject as a subsidiary subject. Provided further that a
student shall not be allowed to choose (a) Mathematics unless he/she has passed Intermediate
examinations with Mathematics, (b) Physics unless he/she has passed I.Sc examinations
with Physics and Mathematics, (c) Chemistry unless he/she has passed I.Sc examinations
with Chemistry and (d) Botany/Zoology unless he/she has passed the I.Sc examinations
- Provided further that a student shall be eligible for admission to the B.A. (Honours)
course in any subject even though he has not studied the subject concerned at the
Intermediate stage if he/she has passed the Intermediate examination in Science
or Commerce with not less than 45 percent marks aggregate.
- Students are required to submit separate admission forms for General/Honours courses.
- A student, who has passed Intermediate Examination compartmentally but has scored
45% marks in the subject concerned at the Intermediate stage, shall be eligible
for admission to Honours and General courses.